After an Angiogram, CT scans blood tests and still suffering an awful chest pain and breathing difficulty for the last 12 weeks and not sleeping. This is what I have I am so grateful was not anything really sinister.
- Costochondritis is a common cause of chest pain in children and adolescents. It accounts for 10%-30% of all chest pain in children. Annually, doctors evaluate about 650,000 cases of chest pain in young people 10-21 years of age. The peak age for the condition is 12-14 years of age.
- Overall, costochondritis is one of the most common causes of musculoskeletal chest pain.
- While chest pain can represent heart disease, costochondritis is also considered as a possible diagnosis in adults who have chest pain.
- Tietze syndrome is also a cause of localized musculoskeletal chest pain that is distinguished from the more common costochondritis.
- As opposed to costochondritis in which there is no swelling, Tietze syndrome is accompanied by a localized swelling at the painful area (the junction of the ribs and breastbone).