Skip to main content

My Foundation

I want to make a difference with my book. I have noticed there is something missing, that is support for women with medical bills. There is a lot of expenses, it would be wonderful take pressure off families.
Then they can concentrate on getting well, not bills.
So I am launching my foundation this year to help support woman like me. Who are knocked around in the medical bill roller coaster. There is lots happening and its early days. But keep watching as I launch some excitement. My very good friend Peter Cole will be helping me launch this foundation this year. I already have received emails from some lovely ladies in a similar place to where I was. If I can help others that would make me very happy.
I would be very keen hear your feedback on what other things we could help with..
Here is my foundation slogan:

"I am still a woman"
The Sisterhood,
I smile at the future,
I live life magnificently,
I execute justice on earth & I place
value on humanity, I am woman, I am strong....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quote of the day - Rosa Parks

QUOTE OF THE DAY "I have Learned Over the Years that When One's MIND IS MADE UP... this Diminishes FEAR." -  Rosa Parks   Perfect quote for everyone today #nofear #iamstillawoman #quoteoftheday #quote

"Hard nipples" - areola or nipple skin

Someone once wrote"... when i get really cold, or get goosebumbs all over my body, the whole things really scrunch up, like, my entire areola scrunches itself up into a wrinkled little mound. it looks really weird and ugly, and i haven't ever seen other people's breasts do it. what is wrong with my areola/nipples??" The answer: Well nothing is wrong. This is what my areola does too. It's a normal reaction to the coldness or to irritation / stimulation. The little muscles in the areola do a similar goosebump thing as your other skin can do. People often call this phenomenon "hard nipples". Also note that skin on areola has less feeling or sensation to it than other areas of your body. If the areola was very sensitive, then breastfeeding would probably be quite uncomfortable because the baby pulls and tugs it! The nipples are sensitive but the sensitivity changes with hormonal changes, such as occur at mestrual cycle or pregnancy. Also this v...

Mastectomy Drain Breast Cancer Treatment

The  purpose of drains after mastectomy  is to drain away the fluid that can gather in the armpit region or around the scar on the chest wall. Some people after mastectomy also find that fluid gathers around the shoulder blade area on their back - this seems more common if the muscle from the back has been used for  breast reconstruction  at the time the mastectomy was done. When mastectomy is done - and especially if the lymph nodes are removed from the axilla or armpit - then there is a lot of tissue fluid and lymph fluid left with no where to go. This fluid normally flows through the lymph channels but if they are cut then it can escape into the normal skin and muscle tissues. Your surgeon will place drains under your skin after mastectomy. These drains gather up the fluid and remove it to a bottle (or bottles) that you carry around with you. Some people use a  belt clip to attach the drain  to their waistband - making them more mobile. Others car...